1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they're all guessed/you've posted the whole song/you've gotten bored/no-one's going to get the damn thing if you don't tell them.
Warning: some of these are HIGHLY cryptic
1) Hello Hooray let the show begin Hello, Hooray (I knew Pig's version, but Alice Cooper's original was recognized by tuliphead
2) Arlington House, address: no fixed abode One Better Day (Madness) recognized by lyricagent
3) Said you took a big trip Everyone Says 'Hi', recognized by insomnius
4) This tattered document/ A mystery you can solve/ A burnt-out filament, flies still buzzing 'round the bulb
5) Give me two strong arms to protect myself Right By Your Side (Eurythmics), recognized by lyricagent
6) Haru ka gita/ chimushi ga kao wo dasu/ kotori ga mushi wo taberu
7) In the haze of the morning China sits through eternity China, My China (Brian Eno), recognized by peverel
8) Angel won't you call me Could I be the only Though I am a lost cause, Angel won't you call me?
9) It's darkest in the morning light dropping down a post / shots metal evening when dawn gets too close / Dawn passes over to remind him of his pain
10) I went to the river to ease my pain/ I'm feeling so tidal that I'm starting to wane/ I'm starting to set one foot in the flow
11) Never thought of Hades under the Mississippi but still I've come to sing for him Memphis Skyline (Rufus Wainwright), recognized by peverel
12) We are the eight-oh-one We are the central shaft The True Wheel (Brian Eno), recognized by peverel
13) When I was a movie star/ An asteroid had hit the earth and prematurely ended my career/ i thought out loud but no one heard me saying
14) Since you've been gone/ many things have changed/ the days get longer/ We spend our nights alone/ Before you turned
15) There's a place in the sun for anyone who has the will/ to chase one, and I think I've found mine/ Yes I do believe I have found mine
16) This is the last time that I'll wish you dead/ I think I've decided to like you instead/ I'll throw away the letters that I never meant to send/ 'cause now I've got more love to give than to end
17) There's a new sensation A fabulous creation/ a danceable solution to teenage revolution
18) I bid farewell to the state of old New York my home away from home / in the state of New York I came of age, where I first started roaming/ And the trees grow high in New York State, and they shine like gold in the autumn
19) On the lam from the law/ On the steps of the capital/ you shot a plainclothes cop on the ten o'clock
20) When I was young and just a bad little kid Dentist! (Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack), recognized by lyricagent
21) About this time the girls are rising early/ I'm going to find a way to get back someday/ Livingrooms I don't know why someone would leave
22) Every day you're working like a slave/ Sweating bullets, hoping that you'll get it right/ will it come your way tomorrow? Have to wait and see
23) We're marching on the midnight maps, and/ We're all looking for a perfect world/ it could be anywhere, anyway from here/ Anywhere the world is outside
24) Here they come again, hopscotching up to my door/ One by one again knockety knock knocking upon my floor/ Swinging on my gate they gain entry by the yard/ pulling at my hair they scream "paint your thoughts upon my card"
25) The president is talking to us through a microphone The President (Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians), recognized by tuliphead
It also bears note that this took 46 tracks to get 25 that had lyrics at all.