Is she an impoverished-looking elderly woman?
If she looks like she genuinely can't afford it, I might go over to her elsewhere in the market, hand her a ten or a twenty and say "please buy the bacon."
2. Your name sounds foreign and is difficult to pronounce. Your clients and superiors are always stumbling over it. Do you change it?
Heavens no: one makes far more solid of an impression if one's name stands out from the crowd!
3. You need one number to win the jackpot at BINGO. The stranger beside you also needs one number and its been called. Do you tell her?
4. You're cramming for a critical exam. Classmates are circulating a stolen advance copy of the test. Do you take one?
5. Your spouse has become nervous wreck since he/she began day trading on the Internet. But he/she made $10K in a month. Do you make him/her stop?
I'd talk to him about the problem. What can he make in a month working half as hard?
6. The house of your dreams finally goes up for sale. You take a tour of the home with it's soon to be former occupant, an elderly woman who's moving into a retirement home. When she quotes you the asking price, it is far below what you know the house is really worth. Do you accept her asking price or offer her more?
I'd offer more- because that's how you buy a fucking house. I would definitely want to get the place appraised / once-overed by a professional, though, because that is also how you buy a fucking house.
7. You are on a safari with your bestest friend in the whole world and your mom/dad. While walking through the jungle, you all take a tumble over a hole in the ground. Your companions fall in while you fall just past it. In the hole is a nest of vipers that bite your companions. You are carrying the anti-venom but after the fall discover that all but one vial has been smashed. After pulling them both to freedom, who do you give the anti-venom to?
antivenin for 1, and 3 people. I think I'd ask all three of them what they thought should happen.
8. You dream that friends die in a plane crash. The next day they announce a trip to Greece. Do you mention your dream?
Yes, but only if I can remember it detailedly. 'I dreamed you were on a plane and you died' is useless. 'I dreamed you went to this airport, and you took a (airline) jet, and you were going from this airport to that airport when something horrible happened' is perhaps useful.
9. Some friends are visiting you. You notice that one of your very valuable collectibles is missing. Do you search the coats and purses?
I'd look 'em over for it- it'd be pretty quick, as all the valuable collectibles in my possession are fairly goodsized. If I found it, though, I'd set it on the bedside table next to the bed, and then go into the group and say 'Hey, I just was looking for ______ and can't seem to find it. Has anybody seen it?' And just be sure to be in line-of-sight when he or she went to go extract it from his or her coat and found it sitting in plain sight next to their coat.
How they reacted from there would tell me a great deal about whether or not I wanted them in my home again ever- The person who spies it- looks over and says 'it's right over here; I, uhm, I thought I might... uhm... god, I'm a fucking idiot' would be definitely invited back (though I'd keep an eye open for sticky fingers one or two times); the person who doesn't, well, that'd be their last invitation. The person who doesn't mention it at all, and then tries to cadge it a second time? I'm thinkin' curbstompin'.
10. You've just paid for groceries and the cashier is giving you your change. You notice that she's giving you far too much change. Do you ask her if she made a mistake?
I in fact have done this.
11. You work at a bank and one evening discover that due to a clerical error, you could safely steal 1 million dollars from the bank and never get caught. Would you do it? What if you would never get caught but another coworker would be blamed?
How long do I have? If I had time, I'd want to look into how demonstrable it'd be that I stole it when I tried to SPEND it. $1 million in cash on a shelf isn't terribly useful; people do in fact notice when you don't spend your paychecks. $1 million I could go to a realtor's office with tomorrow would be just peachy.
Actually, I'd probably do it- cash my paychecks elsewhere than my bank and deposit the cash with another oh $300-$400 for a while- beef up the 'bonus' checks- that shit. Just slowly introduce it to my ownership so that it doesn't stand out as remarkable amounts.
12. In order to win 1 million dollars, you are told to walk stark naked down a city sidewalk for one block. No one would harm you and you could hop into a waiting limousine at the other end. Would you do it?
Hell yes. Do I get to pick the block?
13. You are told that if you leave the country, taking only one other person with you, you will both be well taken cared of but you could never return. Would you do it?
Am I limited in where I can live other than the US? If so, to where? If not, is this 'well taken care of' a sum that'll meet any expectation of 'well taken care of' that I might build?
'Cause I'd probably go to either Japan or London.
14. If by cutting off your pinky you could stop all wars, now and future, would you? What about your thumb?
If my ending of all wars now and future was something that wouldn't be to mankind's detriment- smothering that whole drive to accomplish thing- then yes, to the pinkie. Thumb? I'd have to add a caveat: if I were known to mankind as their benefactor, in addition to it being solely beneficial, then yes.
15. Would you rather have a simple and predictable life, dying among friends and family, or a dramatic life with major ups and downs, dying alone in an empty apartment?
I already had the first, so.
16. If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you?
Define 'hurt', first off. I wouldn't use a voodoo doll to maim someone remotely. I might cheerfully use a voodoo doll to give a certain gibbon-in-chief a splitting headache every time he tried to open his mouth in front of a camera.
17. Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?
18. You have the chance to meet someone with whom you can have the most satisfying love imaginable, the stuff of dreams. Sadly, you know that in six months the person will die. Knowing the pain that would follow, would you still want to meet the person and fall in love?
Did it once before WITHOUT the foreknowledge part and I wouldn't un-do it, so... yeah, I guess I could manage it a second time.
19. Would you rather be extremely successful professionally and have a tolerable yet unexciting private life, or have an extremely happy private life and only a tolerable and uninspiring professional life?
I'd rather my personal life were extremely happy and my professional life were boring.
20. If a new medicine were developed that would cure cancer but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
There are too many humans anyways. Does this medicine sterilize 50% of the 99% who don't drop dead?
21. You're invited to a cocktail party that turns into an in-the-buff pool party. Friends and strangers are present. Do you skinny-dip, too?
Done this one already, so yeah.
22. If you knew that by killing one person, all world hunger would instantly end, would you? What if the person was a horrible murderer? What if the person was an innocent child?
Depends on the person. Depends on the fact that we'd be overpopulating the hell out of the earth if that happened- does this have a tradeoff? am I ending world hunger by all the hungry becoming sterile?
23. If, for the next year, you could have the free services of a maid, a chauffeur, a gardner, a masseuse, or a chef, who would you pick and why?
Chef, I think: I love good food, and I can't cook for shit.
24. If you could pick the sex of your child, would you?
If I HAVE a child, something will be terribly wrong. This question's not germane.
25. To win 1 million dollars, you and your partner could not have sex with each other for a month, would you? What about 10 million for 3 months? 100 million for 6 months?
Yes. 6 months without boffing can more than be made up for in the 24/7 that I'd have to myself afterwards.