1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Start on a diet. Which seems to be working, yay.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I did keep them, actually. I may make more this year, no idea.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope; some acquaintances did (including one who just did so like within the last 2 days).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None other than the USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Hmmmn. This is an interesting question: I think perhaps a bit more excitement, as I've been pretty boring, really.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmn. Nov 20th, or whatever date nicholascaesar's party was. I really enjoyed that party one hell of a lot- and am finding myself drawn towards a whole new batch of people.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
shifting my career path to somewhere that might actually give me some room to grow.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still not king. Okay, there were others as well, but those were failures of courage.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've had a bit of a fluish sort of thing the last week or two- and my trick knee went way outta whack again.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The INSANELY HUGE HDTV.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many, many people's.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George Walker Bush.
14. Where did most of your money go?food. I've been eating out / ordering in too much.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
No-One Knows, Queens of the Stone Age
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
The nasty. *solemn nod*
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Putting up with people's shit in the interest of avoiding a fight.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Going to my parents' house christmas eve- then housemate is driving down to join us for Christmas Day, and then I'm going home and spending the remainder of it with people I actually give a shit about.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Not really, no.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
West Wing. I haven't been watching much TV this year at all, though.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really, no.
26. What was the best book you read?
The one that seems to be having the longestlasting effect on my brain would be the re-read of Elizabeth Willey's A Sorceror And A Gentleman.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
New John Cale album, I think. Daaamn good stuff.
28. What did you want and get?
New sheets. Curtains. New clothes. A fuckton of books.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Return of the King, or Bubba Ho-Tep.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing of real note; I turned 33.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Same thing that would've made the last 12 immeasurably more satisfying. Overall, though? Pretty damn good year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
...can I fit in this?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, still.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the PATRIOT act. Thing still sort of cheeses me.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hrmmmn. Several people @ the party I mentioned earlier.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
Exactly what kind of honey it is that catches more flies than vinegar.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Where is the art of sorcery
We wanna be fooled again
Staggered by deception charmed into submission
Helpless as a deck of cards.
It's now the art of reality
Calling a spade a spade
Facing the obvious
A monkey and his grinder
But on a different plane.
Since I took another spammy LJ quiz, here:
You're Brian Eno.
You're a little reclusive maybe, a little quieter
than most people...
But man, who needs outside entertainment when your
brain is like KABOOM all the time? You are
innovative, creative, and intelligent. You
dress flamboyantly, gravitating towards large
feathers and tinsel. Everyone respects you, and
looks up to you. We are not worthy, we are not
Which rad old school 70's glam icon are you? (with pics)
brought to you by Quizilla